VDI Smackdown: Head-to-head analysis of Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft etc… via @rpruijt
Great work!!!!🙂 Continue reading!!!
Are you looking for an independent overview of desktop virtualization solutions and curious about the different strategy questions? Do you want detailed information about the features and functions each desktop virtualization vendor is offering!? If so the VDI Smackdown you definitely must read!
In the current market there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about desktop virtualization solutions. This white paper is focused on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in desktop virtualization deployments. An overview of available features of each solution has been created to allow an understanding and comparison of capabilities.
The latest solutions included in the feature matrix are: Citrix XenDesktop 5.6FP1, Citrix VDI-in-a-Box 5.2, Dell vWorkspace 7.6, Microsoft RDVH Windows8/Server 2012 and VMware View 5.2; The English whitepaper can be downloaded here. The Japanese version will be available as soon as possible.
Empowering the end-user by giving access to Windows, Web and Mobile applications so he can access data and information systems from both private and public datacenters regardless of the device or location is the ultimate strategic objective.
The delivery of the classic (Windows) desktop interface can be divided in two segments:
- the classic desktop and laptop, running Windows, Linux or Mac OS X;
- the virtual desktop running in the datacenter or local on the classic workstation.
In essence “desktop virtualization” is the de-coupling of the desktop, operating system and the applications from the underlying endpoint or device. This kind of virtualization can be subdivided into two types:
- With the first type applications are executed remotely, server hosted, and presented at the endpoint via a remote display protocol.
- With the second type applications are executed at the endpoint, client-side and presented locally.
Making Windows, Web and Mobile applications available to the end-user, regardless of the technology being used, is an important strategic objective of an advanced IT infrastructure. The Virtual Desktop (vDesktop) is an essential component in the range of Application and Desktop delivery solutions and in essence, it provides the following functions:
- Flexibility: Detach the vDesktop from the endpoint; Several vDesktops can be used next to one another
- BYO: enables delivery of applications and desktops for BYO scenario’s;
- Access: vDesktop works independently of location, endpoint and network;
- Security: Server Hosted – VDI; data in the computing center;
- Freedom: Every user can have his own desktop with administrator privileges when needed;
- Management: Centrally managed and hardware independent;
- Legacy: It is simple to offer legacy applications on a state-of-the-art platform;
- Sustainability: Power Management, handling the necessary resources in an efficient manner
The transition to a dynamic and optimized desktop is causing many IT organizations to reevaluate traditional IT operations, deployment, delivery, packaging, support, and management methods.
Desktop virtualization is a key component in the optimized desktop. It’s important to have a Vision and Strategy around application and desktop delivery and enterprise mobility. Designing, building, managing and maintaining the desktop virtualization…
Continue reading here!
- @darkmarc ho ho ho.. no but I'd rather work with the 99% that will be up there and innovative and cool ;-) 2 days ago
- RT @GerryHampson: Azure Information Protection Documentation Update for September 2016 blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobi… via @msftmobility 2 days ago
- Sync Error Reports in Azure AD Connect Health are now in Public Preview! blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobi… via @msftmobility 2 days ago
- RT @Microsoft: TOMORROW: Tune into our livestream to find out what's next for Windows 10: msft.it/60138DOWX #MicrosoftEvent https://t… 2 days ago
- RT @simonster: New in the past 24h: The Endpoint Zone with Brad Anderson  [October] bit.ly/2eCn0WH 2 days ago
- #AzureAD a leader in the 2016 Gartner IDaaS MQ! – #EnvokeIT
- Microsoft Azure IaaS Operations Guidance – #AAD, #RBAC, #ARM, #Microsoft, #Azure
- Microsoft announcing SQL Server on Linux – #SQL, #Microsoft, #DB, #PaaS
- #Citrix #XenApp 7.8 & #XenDesktop 7.8 Available for Download – #EnvokeIT
- Microsoft acquires Xamarin! – #Microsoft, #Xamarin, #Mobility, #EnvokeIT
- Partner @IFSworld launches its new IFS IoT Business Connector software using #AzureIoT Suite. Press release: msft.it/60148DYiw 13 hours ago
- Learn how the @merlotaero + #Azure end-user airline solution optimizes fleet and crew management… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 14 hours ago
- .@Hersheys CIO trusts #MSFT Cloud, says Azure “growing much faster in terms of capabilities” msft.it/60188D5w4 15 hours ago
- #Bing & #Azure both gain speed from #MSFT’s new use of field-programmable gate arrays. Read more via @geekwire: msft.it/60178Dl9v 15 hours ago
- Exploring environments for your VMs & #apps? Check out this practical #Azure Virtual Network course from #MSmva: msft.it/60178D5wN 16 hours ago
- Citrix Blog: Trade-IT & Save-IT プログラムのご案内 bit.ly/1MHjRM5 #citrixblog 1 year ago
- Citrix Blog: Receiver for HTML5 1.8 is Now Available as SDK! bit.ly/1iIIsps #citrixblog 1 year ago
- Citrix Blog: Citrix ShareFile Delivers Free Customer Webinars – Register Now bit.ly/1juDPjF #citrixblog 1 year ago
- Citrix Blog: Protect Your Hospital’s Critical Patient Information: 7 Best Practices bit.ly/1h7k8N3 #citrix 1 year ago
- Citrix Blog: Breadth or Depth? Let’s make it both with Citrix Specialization! bit.ly/1MXLcwy #citrixblog 1 year ago
- Access Gateway
- Active Directory (AD)
- Application Insights
- Azure Stack
- Client Services
- Configuration Manager
- Device Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Internet Explorer
- Management – Leadership
- Office 365
- Project Management
- Provisioning Services
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- Service Management
- Service Manager
- SharePoint Server 2013
- System Center
- Windows 8
- Windows RT
- Windows Server 2012